Company Operations & Office Assistant
Title: Company Operations & Office Assistant
Based: Bath, UK
Closing date: Friday, 21st January 2022
About Living Map
Living Map provide enterprise level clients with unique hardware-agnostic routing, interactive mapping solutions and information visualisation for smart cities and a selection of complex smart buildings across aviation, transport, retail and industry. We employ a diverse set of cutting-edge navigational technologies, proprietary code and geospatial data management tools to provide various key enterprise level businesses with configurable and bespoke product solutions.
The business is an open and collaborative multidisciplinary environment operating in Bath and London. We promote fresh ideas and experimentation, whilst encouraging continual learning. We’re a team of 30 ambitious, talented and creative people who are passionate about using technology to improve our physical world and smart spaces of the future. We provide flexible working focussing on delivery and are based in Bath, 5 minutes’ walk from the train station.
What does the job involve?
Reporting to the CEO, this is a diverse role, offering breadth and opportunity. The successful candidate will be focused on supporting the ongoing operational activities, together with general office administration and business support as required.
We are open to this being either a full time or part time/flexible role, dependent on skills and breadth of interest.
The role includes being a point of contact for our sub-tenant and maintaining the office. The successful candidate will also be an emergency contact for our alarm providers and keyholder, therefore preference will be given to those living locally.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Provide secretarial and general office administration support.
- Provide HR support including preparing templated contracts, onboarding new starters and maintaining policies, with senior support.
- Support the operations of the business including liaising with the landlord and sub-tenants.
- Assist in daily administrative operation including maintenance, procurement of office suppliers and other administrative support as required.
- Provide timely updates to the finance team, including payroll, expenses, payments, mail.
- Organise and support the execution of company events and meetings.
- Monitor and manage emails and telephone calls ensuring follow-up and escalating urgent matters.
- Administrate team travel and accommodation.
- Provide corporate and board level support.
- Produce reports on system usage and marketing data.
- Manage the coordination, organisation and internal communication for the teams.
- Provide day-to-day, ad-hoc support across the wider business as required.
- Perform research and gather data to help inform decisions and opportunities.
- Coordinate content updates, PR, and applications writing.
- Manage the website and social media accounts.
- Ad hoc support for sales team, including document writing and sales material updates.
- Occasional client management support including administration support for the company’s commercial team.
Skills and experience
- Strong planning and organisational skills, happy with remote working environments
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrable experience in an operations or administrative role essential
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience working independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to simplify difficult problems into actionable and solvable tasks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Fast learner, proactively seeking out solutions and improvements
- Computer literate and working knowledge of Google Suite
- Open-minded and cooperative personality
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience with CMS and marketing platforms beneficial but not essential
- Experience with Adobe Suite, including Indesign, beneficial but not essential
- Competitive salary
- Enrolment into company option scheme
- Flexible/remote working arrangements
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
We are committed to equal opportunities for all employees. We attempt to be fair in our hiring practices and do not discriminate in regard to gender, sexual orientation, race, disabilities, age and any factor irrelevant to a person’s work.
To apply please email Lucy at email@example.com, including your full CV and a short cover note outlining how you meet the requirements listed above. Alternatively, you can submit your application online by clicking below: