Front End Developer
Forming a key part of our engineering delivery team, Living Map are looking for a Front End Developer. You will be helping build out new developments and be part of the delivery team bringing Living Map’s cutting edge products to customers- helping form a team & culture that will scale with the business’s aspirations and vision.
Living Map provides enterprise level clients with unique hardware-agnostic routing, interactive mapping solutions and information visualisation for smart cities and a selection of complex smart buildings across aviation, transport, retail and industry. We employ a diverse set of cutting-edge navigational technologies, proprietary code and geospatial data management tools to provide various key enterprise level businesses with configurable and bespoke product solutions.
The business is an open and collaborative multidisciplinary environment operating in Bath and London. We promote fresh ideas and experimentation, whilst encouraging continual learning. We’re a team of 30 ambitious, talented and creative people who are passionate about using technology to improve our physical world and smart spaces of the future. We provide flexible working focussing on delivery and are based in Bath, 5 minutes’ walk from the train station.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Help build out a range of exciting new products and developments across key target verticals
- Ensure our engineering culture evolves in line with the strategic vision and growth
- Ensure that engineering builds are consistent with design vision and guidelines
- Act as a front end expert to other developers.
- Sharing knowledge, real world commercial experience, and expertise with other engineering team members – acting as an evangelist for best practise.
Who we are looking for
- An experienced hands-on engineer with a love of working on real engineering problems, good attention to detail, and a strong delivery focus.
- Professional experience in using React / React Native
- Experience in build-tools such as Webpack, Babel, ESLint etc.
- Experience working with tools for handling large stateful web applications, such as Redux and Flow.
- Some Experience in writing unit tests with frameworks such as Jest.
- Able to write clean, modular code usable in tools like storybook.
- Geographical experience in frameworks such as Mapbox or leaflet is a plus.
- Affiliation with web design and an interest in user experience.
- Competitive salary & package along with enrolment into company option scheme
- Flexible working arrangements with office based in Bath
- Exposure to the latest technology and an opportunity to help shape future direction
- 25 days holiday
If you feel you have some or all of the skills and experience we are looking for, we would love to hear from you. To apply, please submit your CV, portfolio, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and title your email with the position you are applying for. Alternatively, you can submit your application online by clicking below: