Interactive Wayfinding for Digital Signage and Kiosks
Navigating unfamiliar destinations with complex information or no support can lead to poor user experience. Living Map SaaS platform aims to address this pain point by providing users with interactive maps, search functionality, and directional guidance to help them easily find their way to their desired location.
As your digital location and mapping partner, we’ll help you implement a wayfinding solution that is intuitive to use and effectively meets your goals and the needs of users.
The Living Map platform provides:
- Hardware agnostic and beacon free software foundation - compatible with a wide range of hardware and can be integrated with existing systems, giving you flexibility when it comes to specifying new positioning hardware.
- Custom indoor and outdoor digital maps - Stunning visuals and intuitive designs, tailored to the specific layout and features of your facilities.
- Dynamic routing and data driven insights - allowing you to create real-time, individualised user-centric experiences.
- Remote device management - have complete control over the content displayed on any size display or kiosk, including the ability to manage, edit, and deploy content remotely.
- Full integration - Our mapping, wayfinding, positioning and navigation solutions can sit within any touch-points, be they digital kiosk, web, or native mobile App.
Living Map solutions are built from a mapping and wayfinding design heritage, which means simple, intuitive user interfaces come first. If you’d like to know how Living Map could help you, get touch or book a demo today.
What are the benefits of digital wayfinding signage and kiosks?
There are several advantages to using digital wayfinding signage and/or kiosks:
- Save time
Users can quickly and easily find their way to their desired destination, reducing the need to stop and ask staff for directions.
- Reduce stress
Provide clear and accurate directions, helping users feel more confident and reducing the stress of getting lost.
- Increase safety
Identify dangerous areas and provide warnings, helping to keep users safe.
- Improve accessibility
Digital wayfinding systems can generate a route based on specific criteria, such as avoiding stairs or congested hallways, which can be ideal for people with reduced mobility (PRM).
- Promote tourism and boost ancillary revenue
First time visitors will appreciate being able to easily navigate a novel environment.
Book a Demo
Tell us about your wayfinding needs.
Experience the power of our mapping, wayfinding, and navigation technology for yourself.
See how our software can enhance the customer experience in your facility.
Our interactive wayfinding solutions are used by public bodies, enterprise clients and institutions globally across transport, healthcare and responsive spaces. Our platform’s capabilities combine to address a number of key industry use cases, such as:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is digital wayfinding?
Digital wayfinding is the use of information and communication technologies to help people find their way around a place or environment. It can be used for many purposes, including navigation, route planning, location-based services, emergency response, etc.
What is a wayfinding system?
A wayfinding system provides guidance on how to get from where you are now to where you want to go. This may involve providing information about points of interest along your journey, such as restaurants, shops, museums, parks, hotels, etc. A wayfinding system also includes any tools or devices that enable you to access this information. For example, GPS systems, mobile phones with built-in maps, online mapping websites, etc.
What is a digital wayfinding kiosk?
A digital wayfinding kiosk is an interactive device designed to provide information about a particular destination. The kiosks are usually located at public venues, such as airports, train stations, shopping malls, tourist attractions, etc. They allow visitors to obtain information about a specific destination without having to ask someone else. Kiosks can be stand-alone units or part of larger systems.
What is digital wayfinding signage?
Digital wayfinding signage is a type of electronic display which uses digital technology to convey information about a destination. These displays are often found in public spaces, such as airports, bus stops, railway stations, shopping centres, etc. They are typically used to direct people to different parts of a building or complex, or to point out interesting features of a site.
What are the advantages of wayfinding systems?
Wayfinding systems are useful for many reasons in helping people:
- Find their destinations quickly.
- Plan trips effectively.
- Avoid getting lost.
- Find the best route between two locations.
- Choose the most convenient mode of transport.
- Have access to accurate information about the location of places they're visiting.
- Plan routes that avoid specific area features such as stairs or congested areas.
What is a wayfinding map?
A wayfinding map is a visual representation of a physical space. It shows how people move through the space, where they go, and what routes they use. The maps usually show the layout of the building or area, but they may also include other details such as elevators, escalators, stairs, fire exits, toilets, etc.
What are Interactive Wayfinding Solutions?
An interactive wayfinding solution is a system that allows users to interact with the signage. This could include things such as touch screens, voice recognition, motion sensors, etc.